Wednesday, October 22, 2014

And now back to the wider world of egotists, lunatics and the delusional...or...

Unarmed Black Teenager Survives Trip to Grocery Store



An unarmed black teenager in Arkansas survived a trip to his local grocery store this morning without getting shot by police.



According to a report by WARK news in Fayetteville, 17-year-old Anthony Smith walked two miles to the Marvin’s Food Store in his neighborhood and returned completely unharmed. The extraordinary tale shocked family and friends, and has since captivated the hearts of millions nationwide.



“I saw him come back with my own eyes. It was amazing,” says one of Anthony’s neighbors. “I thought he was a goner for sure when he decided to walk openly down the street. I listened for the gunshots. But they never came.”



No one was more pleased by Anthony’s incredible survival story than his mother. Josephine Smith, a 44-year-old hairdresser, sent her son on the dangerous quest and was elated at his unexpected return.



“My car broke down last week and we were running low on basic groceries,” she told the reporter. “So against my better judgement I asked Anthony to walk to the grocery store. I thought maybe I would never see him again. But I had no choice. The family needed food.



“I was shocked when he showed up on my doorstep with a grocery bag. As soon as he got inside I checked him for bullet wounds, just in case he had been shot without realizing it. But he was clean. I guess miracles do happen.”

No comments: