Sunday, March 18, 2018

Death March 2118 planned for March 24 - April 2


I have a trek planned for the end of the month, we will be wandering into a canyon that, through our research should yield many wonderful discoveries.




I am hoping for lots of blood and sweat, cuts and abrasions left along the trail, this should be a real " Who's dumb ass idea was this ? " hike.




Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.
Carrie Latet




I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau




Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.
Cindy Ross




The long distance hiker, a breed set apart,
From the likes of the usual pack.
He’ll shoulder his gear, be hittin’ the trail;
Long gone, long ‘fore he’ll be back.
M.J. Eberhart




Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
Rachel Carlson

No comments: